Pride... A sense of commitment, passion and
an attitude of excellence
Simply put, we are the best. Our customer service is beyond reproach. Our goal is for your shopping experience with us to be enjoyable, whether you order online or in our brick and mortar store. We encourage you to visit our large showroom located in Orange, California.
Recognized as a leader in the awards and engraving industry, Blue Ribbon Trophy/LaserWerks is a member of the Chamber of Commerce, the Awards and Recognition Association, and the Advertising Specialties Institute. We subscribe to various trade magazines, hold educational clinics, and attend seminars and conventions which allow us to stay abreast of the industry and produce the finest, most up to date awards available. Pride.... A sense of commitment, passion and an attitude of excellence
Blue Ribbon Trophy was established in 1954 by Mr. Ralph "Riverboat" Phillips and his wife Eleanor in Orange County, California. The first store was located at 6555 Beach Blvd. in Buena Park, California. The building was built in 1912, and still has its original wood flooring.
In 1972, a second location was opened at 1650 North Glassell Street, Suite R, in the City of Orange, California, which is now the company headquarters. At that time, Mr. Phillips ran the Buena Park store and Mrs. Phillips ran the Orange location. Everything was done on the New Hermes Pantograph machine, which we still use occasionally today. The first computerized engraving machines, Dahlgren System Is, were purchased in March of 1984. They used Radio Shack TRS-80 computers, with no hard drive (they used 360K 5.25 diskettes). These Dahlgren engraving machines, which have been updated several times, are still used by us today for trophy plates and general engraving.
Susan Blackwood went to work for Blue Ribbon Trophy on April Fools Day, 1984. She purchased the company from Mr. Phillips in December of 1984.
In 1988, new computer engravers were added to compliment the existing systems. These systems included a Dahlgren 12x24 table, and a Dahlgren Wizzard.
In 1991, Don Leedy joined the company as Susan's partner. The company's first laser engraver, a 25 watt LMI was purchased in late 1991.
A Newing-Hall Model 300 rotary engraver was added in 1992 allowing for engraving of cylindrical objects and glass, updated to a Windows based open architecture machine.
In 1994 the LMI 25 watt was replaced with an LMI 40 watt raster/vector (engrave/cut) machine.
In 1995, a second laser engraver was added. It was an Epilog Summit 25 watt laser.
In 1997, the Summit was sold, and an Epilog Express 100 watt laser was added.
In 1999, the company purchased a 100 watt LMI laser Engraver, and updated its sublimation capabilities with the addition of laser printer sublimation, and full color sublimation.
In 2000, two new rotary engraving machines were added to enhance the companys ability to output state of the art awards.
In 2003, a fourth laser engraver was added. The LaserPro Explorer is a large format laser engraver, putting out 120 watts with a 38"x20" engraving/cutting area.
In 2006, a fifth laser engraver was added. The Epilog Legend EXT large format laser puts out 120 watts with a 36"x24" engraving/cutting area.
A new Visions rotary engraving machine was purchased in 2006, with a table size of 16" by 12".
The addition of the fifth laser machine and fourth rotary engraver gives us the ability to produce a significant amount of work on a given day.
In January 2007, a new Epilog Ytterbium Fiber Laser with flying optics was purchased. This laser is designed for direct engraving on metals such as stainless steel, aluminum, brass and other metals, as well as some plastics. The table size is 24" by 12", allowing us to engrave larger items such as control panels.
In 2009 an Epson Stylus Pro 4880 large format printer was added to enhance our full color sublimation capabilities.
In 2011 an Epilog Helix 60 watt laser engraver/cutter was added, giving us a variety of laser engraving/cutting systems to utilize